BroadBand Light (BBL Laser)
Our BroadBand Light (BBL) photofacials treat visible signs of aging and acne while brightening and evening out your complexion.
It is not uncommon to face skin imperfections throughout your life. Whether you struggle with adult acne or want to treat aging skin, BBL therapy rejuvenates your skin through the restorative power of light energy. Plastic Surgery Center offers both Forever Young™ BBL and Forever Clear™ BBL, and we individualize each IPL photofacial in Mishawaka to every patient’s needs.
What it Treats: Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Forever Young BBL initiates the body’s healing process to promote collagen production and smoothen wrinkles.
Red & Brown Spots
BroadBand Light energy can improve cellular turnover to remove or reduce hyperpigmentation.
Redness, Rosacea, & Dilated Blood Vessels
Intense Pulsed Light focuses on pigmentation in blood to help shrink blood vessels and restore your natural complexion.
Acne and Acne Scarring
Forever Clear utilizes dual lamp technology to decrease acne-inducing bacteria and reduce the appearance of scarring.
How it Works
01. - Our certified laser therapist starts by creating an individualized treatment plan for your needs, including how many IPL photofacial sessions you will require.
02. - On the day of your laser treatment, you will be the only patient in the laser room, giving you individualized care for your BBL treatment.
03. - After ensuring your skin is clean and dry, our laser therapist uses the advanced BBL handpiece to deliver Intense Pulsed Light to your skin.
04. - For acne, we carry out a series of light treatments—blue light to clear away bacteria, then yellow light for redness and hyperpigmentation.
Over time, your IPL photofacial treatment will help brighten, even, and smoothen the skin, reducing visible signs of aging and/or acne breakouts. As long as you include SPF in your daily skincare routine and continue with maintenance treatments, the effects of your BBL photofacials can last for years.
Why have an IPL photofacial at Plastic Surgery Center?
- Unmatched Experience - Our licensed and certified laser therapist has over 13 years of experience in providing laser treatments for a variety of patient problems. As a result, we are the most experienced practice in the Mishawaka and South Bend areas.
- Boosts Collagen - Intense pulsed light from the BBL system promotes the body’s natural healing process, leading to an increase in collagen fibers for younger-looking, tighter skin.
- Great for Acne - Forever Clear BBL is designed with dual lamp technology to treat acne at the source and prevent breakouts before the condition worsens.
Plastic Surgery Center offers a unique, boutique experience for every patient who walks through our doors. Rather than taking a general approach, we use our many years of experience to create a customized treatment plan based on your needs. Combining aesthetic procedures can often improve your overall appearance and lengthen the duration of your results. Your personalized package may include:
● Halo Laser Treatment
● Chemical Peels
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know which IPL photofacial in Mishawaka will work best for me?
A great way to know which IPL photofacial in Mishawaka will work best for you is by coming in for a complimentary consultation. During that time we will examine your skin and discuss your goals. From there, we can help you decide between Forever Young BBL and/or Forever Clear BBL.
Is BroadBand Light the same as laser therapy?
BroadBand Light is not the same as laser therapy, though they use similar techniques. It uses intense light on the underlying tissue and stimulates your body's healing process. However, BBL is a non-ablative technique, meaning it selects the underlying tissues and leaves the superficial layers intact.
How many IPL facial treatments will I need for the best results?
Though we cannot say how many IPL facial treatments you will need for the best results without an examination, most people find that 2 to 3 treatments are helpful. We can discuss this with you as we build a customized plan for your treatment.